Monday 6 July 2009

Hetalia Axis Powers - Episode 24

It seems that nary a week goes by that Germany, Japan and Italy don't end up stranded on a desert island and, and so it goes with episode twenty-four of Hetalia: Axis Powers, leaving our trio with nothing to eat but fish.... and dumplings?!

Yes, that's right, of course China has set up shop on the island... and pretty much everywhere else you care to look. Much as I could berate such a stereotypical view, you can't really argue that it's hard to find a country without a Chinatown somewhere.


From here we move on to the further "adventures" of Liechtenstein and Switzerland, with the latter putting on a brave face in the name of saving money (and enjoying cheap cheese for that matter) while the former... well, just looks cute with a pretty ribbon really. Prussia also makes a brief entry, if only to embarrass Austria in front of his dinner guests.

I guess I must be tuning into this show's sense of humour more and more as the weeks go on, as I found myself giggling a few times throughout this particular episode - I have to confess that this show grows on you in the strangest of ways sometimes.

1 comment:

Sapphire Pyro said...

I have to confess that this show grows on you in the strangest of ways sometimes.
*absolutely agrees* xD